30th November 2012
There is something so extra special about reading a Christmas book to a child in the run up to the big day, so get into the festive spirit by enjoying one of these lovely books with your tiny tot.
- The Snowman by Raymond Briggs. An absolute classic that is loved as much by adults as children. Who hasn't wished that their Snowman was real?
- The Jolly Christmas Postman by Janet & Allan Ahlberg. Some lovely surprises as you turn the pages of this book, with mini letters to pull out and read.
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. Known as well know for the film adaptation, this is a lovely book in which a boy goes on a journey to the North Pole and learns that only those that believe in Father Christmas can hear the reindeer's sleigh bells ring.
- Father Christmas Needs a Wee! by Nicholas Allan. Younger children will giggle at this funny story about the logistical challenge of being Santa and having to drink all those glasses and treats left out for him.
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement C Moore. Most people are familiar with the first few lines of this but it's worth reading it all. A gentle and special book that truly gets you excited about Christmas day.
Which are your favourite Christmas books for children?